Friday, June 19, 2009

I know when your birthday is, I guess you should know more about me

I held off as much as I could in adding the "About Cristina" section to http://www.kreacioneskity.com/. I've never been a big fan of the section on other sites, but came to fufill the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" theory. I caved. Then I realized, I should share more about myself and what I believe. I'm a strong believer in supporting causes and businesses that you believe in and the only way people are going to believe in Kreaciones Kity is knowing more about me.

I'm not going to rehash the "About Cristina" section - I'll let you read it for yourself. One thing I don't mention in it is my education. I have a B.A. in Communication and Spanish with a minor in Journalism from Rockhurst University (Go Hawks!). Quite a different step from owning a custom bakery, huh? The passion is the same, though. The ability to visually create something that is going to inform or bring a happiness to someone is a great feeling. Taking a step back to read a finished article or an edible piece of artistry gives me a level of joy and satisfaction like no other.

But so how did I leap from writing B2B articles on agriculture to making cakes? Simple - corporate layoffs. After leaving the agriculture magazine, I took a much needed break to do some soul-searching and figuring out what I wanted my next step to be. I knew I needed to pursue a more creative outlet. Come into play my longtime love of cooking and baking - and ta-dah! Kreaciones Kity is born.

What lies ahead only God knows. I thank Him everyday for what He has given me in this life. He has given me more than I asked for or could have ever imagined. I only hope I am making Him proud. And while only He knows what lies ahead, I am taking the gifts He gave me and making some goals. When I think of what I want to achieve I'm unable to contain the excitement. If I'm able to achieve all my dreams - DUDE, IT'LL BE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!

So, there, now you know a little more about me and where I come from. Maybe this will make you more inclined to support Kreaciones Kity. Maybe I just talked about myself for a really long time. Either way - I hope you enjoyed it.

As always, hit me up for your cakes and peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment